No announcement yet.

Employment Background, Criminal & Credit Checks-What's in them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I inquired with the company doing the check yesterday and they said "we should have it done by the end of the week" so a few days I guess. One of my (former employer's) references was contacted today also. The background check company asked for a number I can be reached at if they had any questions, etc.

Comment

It's hard to be patient with all that stuff going on behind the scenes, isn't it? Hang in there!
      DH laid off 3/08 | Last mortgage payment 12/09 | Filed Ch13 5/10 | Converted to Ch7 7/10 | 341 held 8/10 | AP filed by secured creditor 10/10 | Ch7 discharged & closed 11/10 | Foreclosure 10/2011

Comment

I inquired today about the position and they told me they would decide on Thursday on how to move forward. The background check company indicated that they completed their part and "hope that everything goes well" for me.

Comment

I have been meeting to update all of you, I WAS OFFERED THE POSITION AND HAVE ACCEPTED IT!!!!! I accepted the offer last Thursday.

I really and truly thought my credit was standing in the way of a better opportunity. I have been underemployed (part of the reason for filing) for about 18 months now and I have also been looking due to that reason, but I have had no offers at all and started to feel maybe my credit was the reason for the lack offers. They just weren't meant to be. Very excited and thanks to all for encouragement. I love this forum!!!

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS AND BEST OF GOOD LUCK AND BEST WISHES!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy the weekend!!!

Comment

Reading everyone's posts it really hits home. I worked for a large bank and untill 11/08 had perfect credit, but was faced with double job losss (wife and me) within weeks of each other and then ultimately filing 13 Nov-2010.

I was offered a very nice package back with the same bank that laid me off in 2008 and I am worried about getting hired.

No criminal issues outside a disorderly conduct in 1991 (after a football game was at the wrong place).

Once I got the letter and paperwork to sign and submit, I went ahead and emailed the on-boarding HR person telling them I had taking a hit on my credit, but prior was gold, blah, blah, blah. I said many Americans went through the same, but i wanted to be upfront and honest.

I am on pins/needles right now worried I get my offer pulled back.

More info to come.

Comment

I got he job today! Official, all chcks came back with no issues. This is a huge relief and I wish everyone luck..This is my 2nd chance

Comment

Originally posted by cj6445 View Post
                  i got he job today! Official, all chcks came back with no issues. This is a huge relief and i wish everyone luck..this is my 2nd chance
                  excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cj6445 View Post
                    I got he job today! Official, all chcks came back with no issues. This is a huge relief and I wish everyone luck..This is my 2nd chance
                    This is such good news and I hope my hubby who is looking for a finance job can find one. thank you for sharing
                    Chapter 7 filed 11/4/10 ---- 341 Meeting 12/1/10 ---- Discharge 1/31/2011.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X